During the Covid-19 health crisis, our priority is to keep our staff, candidates, and the public safe. Our team is currently working from home; we have transitioned to a virtual recruitment process, to include web-based interviews.
We are looking for an Application Developer to help us create innovative and modern web and mobile GIS applications. You will be taking an active role in developing the full stack, bridging the gap between the front-end elements and the server-side infrastructure. You will be responsible for how the application looks and functions. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the newest technical advancements. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Continuously educate yourself and others on the latest developments in the industry
- Ensure your technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance code
- Effectively debug new issues within a production system
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A passion for web development
- 2-3 years professional experience with React, Redux, Express
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies: HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of AWS technologies like S3, SQS and EC2
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor