Agile Application Developer
Arlluk Technology Solutions currently has an opening for an Agile Application Developer to support a large Federal customer.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
The Applications Developer:
- Participates in Agile Sprint planning and estimation, user stories evaluation, daily stand-ups including, but not limited to:
- Size estimation of backlog items
- Translation of backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
- Evaluation of technical feasibility
- Implementation of backlog items
- Writes unit tests
- Writes and verifies code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
- Participates in code reviews
- Troubleshoots problems related to software applications.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other junior software developers as directed.
- Participates in development of user manuals.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- US Citizenship is required and no less than 3 years of US residency, ability to obtain and maintain the Public Trust level of clearance
- Bachelor degree required and field-of-expertise-related professional certifications are strongly preferred. A Master’s degree or relevant professional certification can be substituted for two years of experience.
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Collaborative team player
- Experience writing Unit Tests and Acceptance/Behavior Tests
- Must be proficient in database design, database modeling (ER Diagrams), and normalization to support backend development work.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation.
- Working knowledge of one or more tool from the Atlassian suite of development productivity tools (JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, BitBucket/Stash).
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Subversion, GitHub)
- Knowledge of automated testing using Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud based services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Familiarity with Docker or OpenShift
- Knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Exposure to Build automation with Gradle or Maven.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.