Position Objective: This position provides support to the Travel and Timekeeping Team within Student Services with responsibilities time and attendance and travel voucher review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all timekeeping responsible for a portfolio of students assigned to FSI to include submitting time and attendance in the timekeeping system on time each pay period, transferring students to appropriate team members, and processing approved leave.
- Collect, review and store all leave slips and accommodating documents routed through the Student Services Supervisor for processing.
- Review and reconcile time and attendance reports submitted to the FSI Student Timekeeper. Communicate findings and assign actions to the appropriate stakeholder.
- Provide support for reviewing travel vouchers to include enrollment verifications and answering simple questions regarding the overall process to students.
- Use greater judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations, interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of reports and other presentation materials.
- Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the team according to the Student Services Supervisors general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Carry out recurring procedures independently and selects the guideline or reference that fits the specific case.
- Receive specific instructions on new assignments and ensure completed work is checked for accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally respond to requests for information concerning travel and timekeeping; determine which requests should be handled by the team members.
- Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma
- 3 years work experience is preferred
- Experience with timekeeping or travel is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meets deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to present yourself professionally in a government environment and to inspire confidence with those with whom you have contact
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.