Position Objective: This position provides administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the office supervisor and staff.
- Use greater judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations, interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
- Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to the office supervisor's general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the office supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered.
- Read publications, regulations, and directives and take action or refer those that are important to the office supervisor and staff.
- Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions.
- Advise secretaries in subordinate offices on new procedures; request information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries, etc., and shifts clerical staff to accommodate workload needs.
- Perform various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Carry out recurring office procedures independently, and selects the guideline or reference that fits the specific case.
- Receive specific instructions on new assignments and ensure completed work is checked for accuracy.
- Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally respond to requests for information concerning office procedures; determine which requests should be handled by the office supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices, prepare and sign routine non-technical correspondence in own or supervisor's name
- Control mail and assure timely staff response, and send form letter
- Maintain recurring internal reports such as time and leave records, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and training plans.
- Schedule tentative appointments without prior clearance. Make arrangements for conferences and meetings and assemble established background materials as directed.
- May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings;
- Review materials prepared for supervisors approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Review outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor's procedures; assure that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed
- Collect information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports, and refer non-routine requests to supervisor or staff.
- Explain to subordinate staff office supervisor's requirements concerning office procedures, coordinate personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
- Maintain requisition supplies, printing, maintenance or other services.
- Type, take and transcribe dictation, create and maintain office files.
- Reserve and prepare classrooms: organizing training materials (including duplication and/or photocopies, preparing name tents, door signs, etc.), submitting service requests, and assisting in basic logistical arrangements, running reports, and providing general administrative support to students, instructors, and guest speakers.
- May receive assistance in the performance of special assignments.
- High School Diploma
- Three years of experience in a related field
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- Work experience in an educational or training institute, highly desired
o Skills or experience relevant to the particular training division, preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meets deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural setting
- Ability to manipulate information in existing databases
- Familiar with or the ability to learn survey research software, databases and reference materials to collect information
- Ability to follow technical direction as delivered by the government technical monitor and/or government staff members
- Ability to present yourself professionally in a government environment and to inspire confidence with those with whom you have contact
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.