Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Accession Technician is responsible for correct and prompt accessioning of all clinical specimens. Answering phones, printing reports, specimen registration through HIS computer and limited billing or crediting of accounts. Must accurately take physicians orders over the phone and accurately give results over the phone. Responsible for and competent to cover for the Venipuncture Team and the Outpatient Laboratory Department.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Proficient in all functions of the Outpatient Laboratory in order to assist during busy times, and to handle those responsibilities during the hours the Outpatient Laboratory is closed.
- Accessioning of clinical specimens. Specimens are received through system or noted in proper log. Specimens are labeled correctly, and distributed promptly to the proper department.
- Knowledge of the courier schedule and route in order to efficiently assign STATS and extra runs to the referred clients.
- Knowledge of the schedule. Responsible for specimen pick-up in hospital physician's office.
- Accurately enters laboratory tests requested by physicians. Patient registration is done through HIS computer correctly to include all billing information and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance reimbursement for proper registration of specimens from referred clients.
- High school diploma is preferred
- Minimum of one year of phlebotomy experience