The Receiving Associate is responsible for assisting in the warehouse operations of the retail store. In addition, the Receiving Associate is responsible for unloading, auditing, and staging product to recover store inventory.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- 1-2 years of previous warehouse experience preferred
- Experience driving a forklift is preferred
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work in different weather conditions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet established deadlines
- Available to work extended hours, especially during peak seasons
- Act in a manner that is consistent with the company's core values
- Ensure products are staged for counting and inspection
- Ensure all receiving paperwork is properly completed
- Ensure products are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures
- Oversee the rotation of inventories within the warehouse
- Perform other related duties as directed by management
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company's safe lifting practices and standard operating procedures
- Complete required department and equipment training (must be forklift certified)
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.