We are a global leader in the practice of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering and related specialty services for the built environment. Our work is embedded in the residences we live in, the healthcare facilities we rely on for routine medical procedures to life saving feats of medicine, the skyscrapers and buildings we work in, and the operations of our buildings.
Be involved in projects with our Buildings Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Fire Protection Engineering Intern for our Arlington, VA; Elk Ridge, MD; Dallas, TX office.
This opportunity is available for a college student in good standing working towards a Fire Protection Engineering degree within an accredited program. The candidate will gain experience with design projects under direct supervision of the firm's leading professionals.
WSP, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a summer Fire Protection Intern for our Arlington, Virginia office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in various tasks within the fire protection and life safety industry. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Interns could be offered full-time positions upon graduation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Fire Protection Intern will assist in the development of fire protection and life safety engineering solutions for client projects which may include:
- Interpreting building, fire, and life safety code requirements.
- Designing and reviewing fire protection/life safety systems including automatic fire sprinkler systems, fire detection and alarm systems, mass notification systems, smoke management systems, and egress systems.
- Reviewing architectural drawings for compliance with building, fire, and life safety code requirements.
- Preparing project specifications and reports.
- Assisting in the commissioning of fire protection/life safety systems.
- Assisting in the preparation of computer models for fire, smoke, and egress simulations.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Current standing as a Rising Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Fire Protection Engineering, Engineering Technology or other Engineering Undergraduate or Graduate program
- Minimum completion of your second year of the above referenced program.
- Prior internship experience, leadership experience, or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
Login to Apply User ID: Password:
Other Options Create an account
Return to search results
- Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart