Job Opening ID:
00266485 Forklift Associate (Open)
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or the physical ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education preferred but not required.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and lift as much as 100 pounds when necessary.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Great customer service skills.
- Forklift/Baler experience preferred
- Hand loading and unloading of trailers
- Operating Forklift
- Running Baler
- Operate docks according to JB Hunt Dock Procedures
- Data entry responsibilities for management of inventory
- Take direction from Team Lead/JB Hunt Manager
- Able to wear bump cap, and required footwear and work gloves.
- Able to work assigned shift and as required by supervisor.
Pay and Benefits:
- Single or Family medical, dental and vision plans at affordable premiums
- Annual paid vacation
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
Communication, Creativity (JBH Rating Scale), Customer Service, Working with Others
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
- B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
- B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."