Lamps Plus, the nation’s largest lighting retailer, has a company culture that fosters a collaborative work environment focused on mentorship and professional development. Our Company offers its employees exceptional hands on experience, opportunities for growth, work-life balance, and competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee discounts, recreational discounts, and credit union membership.
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager (Retail) is responsible for the profitable operations of the store to achieve the overall sales objectives of the store.
- Promotes quality customer service, meets customer needs, investigates and resolves problems involving customer complaints or dissatisfaction.
- Answers customer questions, demonstrates products, and offers suggestions that relate to design and usage of product.
- Remains current on product knowledge, design, and new merchandise available
- Maintains awareness of varied customer needs based on geographic location of store as well as awareness of market pricing and merchandise.
- Confers with the Store Manager regarding irregular situations or matters requiring senior level approval.
- Attends store meetings as required.
- Reads and responds to all management communication/memos as necessary.
- Ensures professional appearance of store showroom.
- Prepares administrative reports relative to store operations, completes personnel paperwork and forwards to Corporate Human Resources.
- When by the Store Manager, the ASM interviews and selects qualified applicants, provides direction to subordinate staff, trains and motivates staff to ensure sales goals are met
- Promotes safe work environment through enforcement of Company safety standards.
- Enforces corporate Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Security, and Accounting policies.
- Must develop a fundamental understanding of all other store job functions including proficiency in EEM/DOM.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior retail management experience.
- Prior retail Store Manager experience is preferred.
- Interior design education or related home furnishings experience a plus.
- High school graduate, College preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Motivated, energetic individual who enjoys working with people and providing superior customer service.
- Great training facilitation and communication skills.
- Must be reliable and be able to work a flexible retail schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.
- Requires long periods of standing and lifting of 25-50 lbs. and the ability to climb ladders and lift up to 25 lbs.
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.