Requisition Number: METAL01749
At MicroPort Orthopedics, we are never standing still. We know that knee and hip implants are constantly being improved just as medical procedures themselves evolve with each passing day. We not only embrace this constant advance in medicine. We celebrate it in our work. We operate with the heart of a start-up but the soul of an industry powerhouse. This is critical to achieving our goal of being the fastest growing, innovation driven company in orthopedics. Our top priority isn’t just to help surgeons get patients back on their feet. We want to help patients get back to Full Function, Faster. Come be a part of the journey!
This is a 2nd shift position: 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
As a Metal Finisher, you will Metal Finish medical devices to meet specifications, perform quality verification of medical devices, including non-destructive testing, laser mark medical devices, and operate machines used to metal finish including belt lathes, sandblast equipment, robots etc.
Metal Finisher I:
1. Operate sandblast/glass bead machines to meet quality and production requirements.
2. Ability to read and understand work instructions.
3. Operate measuring tools including: cmm, digital/optical comparators, Tally Round, air gages, calipers and micrometers.
4. Operate belt lathe machines to meet quality and production requirements.
5. Operate robotic machines to meet quality specifications and production requirements.
6. Correctly enter data into device history routers for the product produced.
7. Perform secondary operations required for production but not necessarily on a daily basis such as but not limited to: laser marking, work order completions.
8. Enter required production data into systems used by MicroPort for business purposes. (dbh, oee, Workman, Camstar etc.
9. Straighten with hydraulic press
10. Masking medical devices.
Metal Finisher II:
1. Perform penetrant inspection process to meet quality specifications and production requirements.
2. Perform required pm’s on machines and processes.
3. Train other employees to metal finish.
4. Electro polish process (if required for production)
5. Precision finishing.
6. 6S practices and skills
Senior Metal Finisher:
1. Welding (if required for production)
2. Proficiency in metal finishing in two of the following production areas tibs, fems, Hips, job shop and prototypes.
3. Troubleshooting robot issues (if required for production)
4. Heat treating(if required for production)
5. Knowledge and experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must operate within FDA Good Manufacturing Practices requirements and applicable MPO procedures.
- Must maintain confidentiality of process and process documents, as these are considered proprietary.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Metal Finisher I is an entry level position. Minimal requirements for entry into the role are as follows:
- Some mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer application skills.
- Basic blueprint reading skills.
- Basic metrology / measuring skills.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to operate within and sustain an organized work environment.
- Demonstrate company core values
- Quality focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency.
- Motivated self-starter that works well independently or within teams.
- Good housekeeping, organizational skills, and self-awareness will be an integral part of daily work routine and habits. Focus is required to stay on the task at hand, prevent errors, and make sound decisions that can effect product quality and value.
- Employee is responsible for safe operation of equipment that is complex, sensitive, and expensive.
High School diploma or GED required.
Metal Finisher I: minimum 1 year
Metal Finisher II: minimum 2 years
Senior Metal Finisher: minimum 3 years
For internal reference, a Metal Finisher I is a level D, Finisher II is a level E and a Senior is level F.
**All candidates: Please completely fill out the online application and attach a resume that includes your current role, experience, education and contact information.**
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: MicroPort Orthopedics. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MicroPort via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MicroPort. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MicroPort as a result of the referral or through other means.