Requisition Number: FINAN01750
At MicroPort Orthopedics, we are never standing still. We know that knee and hip implants are constantly being improved just as medical procedures themselves evolve with each passing day. We not only embrace this constant advance in medicine. We celebrate it in our work. We operate with the heart of a start-up but the soul of an industry powerhouse. This is critical to achieving our goal of being the fastest growing, innovation driven company in orthopedics. Our top priority isn’t just to help surgeons get patients back on their feet. We want to help patients get back to Full Function, Faster. Come be a part of the journey!
As Financial Analyst II or Senior Financial Analyst, you will analyze and perform general administrative accounting functions and represent accounting and finance to other functional areas. This role requires knowledge of Financial Reporting systems and the ability to work with various organizations to mine data and to provide insight into financial performance for the global company.
1. Manage financial planning timeline to incorporate an annual budget and regular forecasts for MPO
2. Communicate budget timeline to all departments and coordinate data collection with finance team
3. Plan budget review meetings and prepare summarized information to review budget and forecast results
4. Prepare monthly reporting to compare actual results to budget and forecast
5. Compile monthly Financial Review Package, including preparation of reports for Sales, Functional Expenses, P&L summary, Operating Trend.
6. Review and analyze monthly financial results to ensure a timely, accurate close, while ensuring compliance with IFRS for areas of responsibility
7. Compile respective VP dashboards showcasing operating expense variances with various metrics and/or project status for monthly CEO staff meetings
8. Support development of operating expense budgets and forecasts for assigned functional areas in conjunction with overall company’s targets, via collaboration with FP&A Sr. Manager, departmental heads, and respective VPs
9. Perform month-end operating expense duties for each assigned functional area, including assessing and recording accruals, maintaining prepaid accounts, recording related expense reclass entries, and reconciling related balance sheet accounts
10. Summarize and explain variances to budget and/or forecast for assigned functional area operating expenses to Sr. Manager and Controller, as well as to respective VPs
11. Assist with preparation of financial analyses for new product development and new business initiatives.
12. Develop calendars, trackers, and sub-processes to meet objectives
13. Identify, make recommendations and implement improvements to the planning process.
14. Special projects and other duties as assigned by Management.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with sensitive deadlines and changing environment
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work with unstructured data
- Understand complex financial modeling concepts such as ROI and NPV and able to articulate how different financial components impact business results
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Research and problem solving skills combined with strategic thinking that includes business acumen.
- Communication skills that clearly deliver intended message (written, verbal and presentations).
- Ability to build trust and effective working relationships across various teams
- Ability evaluates raw data and build relevant reports.
- Ability to build, organize and retrieve reports across multiple financial reporting tools and systems.
- Knowledge of all MS Office products with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience building complex financial models including pivot tables and look ups.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated skills interacting at various levels of an organization.
This position is responsible for providing executive level analysis and financial guidance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; Master's degree preferred
Financial Analyst II : Minimum 4 years related experience
Senior Financial Analyst : Minimum 6 years related experience
For internal reference, the Financial Analyst II is a level 5 and the Senior Financial Analyst is a level 6.
**All candidates: Please completely fill out the online application and attach a resume that includes your current role, experience, education and contact information.**
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: MicroPort Orthopedics. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MicroPort via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MicroPort. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MicroPort as a result of the referral or through other means.