Meals on Wheels Driver - Arlington Heights
Make a Difference in the Lives of Homebound Seniors
Meals on Wheels Driver needed for Arlington Heights
- Pick up meals at the meal site located in Drake Village, Hauser Building, 37 Drake Rd., deliver on a route, check on the well-being of consumers, and return empty packs.
Reporting to the Director of Nutrition Services, the Meals on Wheels Driver is responsible for ensuring that nutritious meals are timely delivered to consumers and building relationships with elder and adult disabled consumers to ensure they are well and safe.
- Report to the Dining Site Coordinator at the assigned location by 11:00 a.m.
- Check with the Dining Coordinator to be sure you have the correct number of meals (entre and cold pack) and verify the route since there may have been changes since last delivery.
- Deliver meals to Minuteman home-bound consumers Monday through Friday between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- If needed, assist with setting up meals (opening carton's, cutting meat, etc.).
- Make sure that temperatures of food are maintained.
- Return delivery equipment to the nutrition site, clean out bags and wipe down if any spillage.
- Inform the Dining Coordinator that you have returned and report on any consumer concerns.
- Distribute menus to consumers monthly. Deliver special notices when needed.
- Must have reliable car, current driver's license, and private automobile insurance coverage.
- Ability to lift bags/coolers weighing a maximum of 35 lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be available Monday - Friday between 11 - 1.
- Able to use a smart phone for advanced delivery system with a formalized safety check. Phone and training is provided.
- Sensitive to the needs of older and disabled adults.
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. 1 p.m. (10 hours per week). Twelve paid holidays.
- $14.75 per hour plus reimbursement for work-related mileage.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
For over 45 years Minuteman Senior Services has been helping older and disabled adults age with independence and dignity in the setting of their choice which is most often their own homes and communities. We have been supporting caregivers, local and long distance, who want to do the right thing for their loved ones and need help and advice as they balance the competing demands of family, work and self.
We offer over 20 programs and services and are continually improving and expanding. Our consumers give us very high marks as do our professional colleagues and that is very important to us. With over 140 employees, 900+ volunteers and over 70 subcontracted service providers that make up our vendor network we bring a lot of expertise, experience and resources.
Learn more by visiting our website: https://www.minutemansenior.org