Shift: Full time, Days, Rotating Saturdays, 40 Hrs/week
1051 W Rand Road, Arlington Heights
2101 S Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, provides office support including reception, scheduling, and patient assistance related duties at designated points of service to insure a high quality level of patient service and satisfaction.
1. Greets incoming patients and visitors at various points of service within the facility providing congenial and hospitable customer service. Refers patients and visitors to appropriate department or resource. Notifies appropriate resource of patients and visitors arrival in a timely manner. Assures patient demographics and eligibility are correct.
2. Receives and forwards telephone calls and takes and relays messages per protocol.
3. Registers new patients and schedules appointments for providers and services. Reschedules appointments and follows up on cancelled and missed appointments.
4. Collects co pays and balances and makes follow up appointments as necessary.
5. Responds to patient and visitor questions in a timely and appropriate manner utilizing knowledge of the organizations policies and procedures.
6. May communicate with other departments, team members, physician offices, the hospital, or patients in response to requests for information, follow-up, or problem resolution.
7. Performs various clerical duties as needed in assigned work areas. May order supplies for work area, open mail etc. Operates standard office machines including computer, calculator, photocopier, fax and credit card terminal.
8. May assist with medical records and clinical personnel as needed.
9. Maintains work and waiting areas in a neat and professional manner.
10. May perform a variety of special projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to all NCH standards, policies and procedures.
1. Level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent work experience.
2. One year of customer service work experience or interaction with the public required.
3. Proficient computer skills.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate.
6. Effective interpersonal skills to interact with patients, team members and physicians and to maintain team-oriented relationships with senior management, managers and staff.
7. Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision while exercising attention to details and independent judgment within stated guidelines.
8. Ability to maintain high customer service standards.
9. Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn and effectively utilize department specific software systems.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule as part of a team.
11. Ability and willingness to float between multiple Physician Office locations when needed.
1. Light physical effort. Rarely required to walk or stand for prolonged period of time. Requires prolonged period of sitting.
2. The flow of work and character of duties involves normal mental and visual attention.
1. Conditions are acceptable. At least 1 disagreeable element or hazard, i.e. infectious disease is occasionally present in the environment. There is some irritation from working in a noisy work area.