Residential Rearload Driver
Req Number: 19925
Waste Pro North Carolina
Waste Pro ASHEVILLE has immediate Openings for CDL Drivers!
We offer excellent pay rates based on experience and a retention bonus of $3,500.00 paid out in installments for the first year of employment.
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry while driving some of the finest trucks built.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Waste Pro Residential Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. Oversees work of helpers assisting on assigned route; performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned. Work is performed under supervision and performance is reviewed while in progress and upon completion through direct observation of routes, and discussion of problems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Safely drives truck on pre-established route in accordance with Decision Driving principles within prescribed time. Collects and dumps garbage and refuse into refuse trucks while covering a designated route in a residential zone. Unloads refuse trucks at the landfill, transfer station, or similar facility.
2. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
3. Ensures garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly; pick up may require using back door. Tags improper refuse containers and waste;
4. Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
5. Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
6. Performs a variety of manual duties in the clean-up of scattered refuse; moves and empties large trash bins using truck hydraulics;
7. Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents;
8. Responsible for all persons working on vehicle during the designated route.
9. Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
10. May be required to work during emergency situations
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro .
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
* Be able to follow safe operating practices.
* Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
* Be able and willing to work in a team environment
* Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 800 and 1000 times a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 800 and 1000 times a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 800 and 1000 times a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 800 and 1000 times a day
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions(heat, cold, rain and snow)
6. Ability to ride on the outside of the truck while servicing residential customers in low MPH areas