Test Engineer - Energy Meters
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to contribute to the availability, reliability and security of intelligent electronic devices used for metering, protection, automation and communication in the Power Industry?
The laboratory for Metering, Protection & Substation Automation (MPSA) of KEMA B.V. carries out ISO 17025 accredited type testing and certification of smart energy meters and intelligent electronic devices for the protection, communication and automation of electricity networks. The MPSA laboratory is part of the KEMA High Power and High Voltage laboratory, well-known for testing, inspection and certification of all components used in chain from generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy.
To keep up with a growing market and the introduction of new technologies, we’re looking for a Test Engineer Energy Meters to strengthen our team.
As a test engineer for Energy Meter you carry out different tests like metrological accuracy, software and reliability reviews, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) tests and climatic and mechanical tests. The test are performed according international standards IEC 62052-11, IEC 62053 series, IEC 62059 series and EN 50470 series. Our customers are international manufacturers for smart energy meters.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a test engineer for Energy Meters you have the knowhow of the applicable test standards and test methods. You will carry out the testing by yourself in close cooperation with the team colleagues. You will have direct contact with the customers about the test results.
And also you will:
- Write test reports;
- Remain in close contact with the customer during the execution of the tests;
- Maintain the quality system related documents;
- Contribute to the development of current and new services;
- Contribute to (inter)national standardization working groups.
We are looking for a new colleague who has a flexible attitude, is pro-active and eager to learn new things.
Next to the above:
- Secondary or bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Information Technology;
- Your English and, preferably, your Dutch language skills are strong, verbal and in writing;
- You are a team player but also able to able to work independently;
- You never compromise on quality in your work;
- It’s a big plus if you have experience with energy meter related work;
- You take responsibility for your own tasks and competences.
What are we offering
- A challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment;
- You will be part of a larger team of about 15 committed professionals;
- Your home office will be our KEMA Laboratories in Arnhem (NL);
- We offer you plenty of opportunities for personal growth, according to our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training;
- Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as a 38-hour work week, 30 leave days with option to sell or buy extra days, laptop and smart phone.
If you feel that this is the place for you, apply!
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: