POSITION SUMMARY: The Shipping/Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate scaling and handling of product in the distribution department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the general operation and basic maintenance of the auto scale.
- Performs manual scaling at the re-weigh station, including its general operation and basic maintenance.
- Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code.
- Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying them for return.
- Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand, which can vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
- Ability to fill customer orders accurately using hand held scanner equipment.
- Keeps area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Monitors x-ray process, making necessary adjustments.
- Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead person immediately.
- Monitors process for partial cases to be worked into the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to follow both written and verbal direction.
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and Leadership.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
· Ability to obtain Pilgrim’s valid forklift license.
· Ability to work in a cold environment.
· Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, hand held scanner equipment, etc.
· Ability to obtain CDL preferred.
· Computer skills required.