At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Shipping/Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate scaling and handling of product in the distribution department.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shipping/Warehouse Worker is responsible for the accurate scaling and handling of product in the distribution department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the general operation and basic maintenance of the auto scale.
- Performs manual scaling at the re-weigh station, including its general operation and basic maintenance.
- Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code.
- Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying them for return.
- Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand, which can vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
- Ability to fill customer orders accurately using hand held scanner equipment.
- Keeps area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Monitors x-ray process, making necessary adjustments.
- Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead person immediately.
- Monitors process for partial cases to be worked into the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to follow both written and verbal direction.
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and Leadership.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
· Ability to obtain Pilgrim’s valid forklift license.
· Ability to work in a cold environment.
· Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, hand held scanner equipment, etc.
· Ability to obtain CDL preferred.
· Computer skills required.