Financial Accountant (emphasis in Credit)
EDCi provides infrastructure and call center technology services and solutions to clients throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest. Through our partnership and certifications with leading technology providers including Citrix, Cisco, Genesys, IBM and Microsoft, our customers receive the highest quality of product and service the industry has to offer.
EDCi has an immediate opening for a Financial Accountant. We’re looking for an energetic and detail-oriented individual to contribute to the accounting department including credit authorizations and collection follow up. If you’re a talented finance person looking for a challenge with varied responsibilities and seek a flexible, family-oriented work environment, we want to talk to you!
When you join the EDCi team, you’ll receive many perks, including:
• Funded Training • Business Casual Attire with Casual Fridays
• Bring Your Own PC Policy (BYOD) • Work-Life Balance
• Cell Phone Reimbursement • And many more!
• Perform collections and credit authorizations including reference checks. Explain billing invoices, credit details, and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
• Reconcile general ledger account balances at month end for unearned revenue. Prepare monthly closing and accounting reconciliation reports by collecting data, analyzing and investigating variances; interpret results and provide solutions
• Administration of expense reports to insure proper back-up documentation, account classification for tax purposes and release for payment.
· Maintain company fixed asset and depreciation systems, policies and procedures. Record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in a timely fashion. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
· Must have a high quality level of customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires various interactions with management, sales and engineering staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Must understand and demonstrate all facets of the billing function.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to the general ledger
· Maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures. Recommend any improvements.
· Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness, reconcile with budget.
· Responsible for record retention and management
· Serve as purchasing back-up as needed. Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to sales order, clarifying unclear items. Prepare purchase order verifying specifications and price, forward orders to suppliers, monitor and expedite orders. Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipments in error with suppliers. Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
· Serve as a backup for team members in the area of sales tax administration.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
· · Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
· 3-5 years’ experience preferred
· Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
· Proficiency with Sage accounting software and ConnectWise sales/engineering systems preferred.
· Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts, understanding of finance regulation and legislation.
· Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and strategic thinking
· Organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential
· Uphold and promote the company mission, vision and core values