Work location will be:
425 Better Way
Make your mark with us!
To learn more about working at U.S. Venture, watch this video: Life at U.S. Venture
Performs credit analysis in accordance with general instructions and established work methods. Work involves exercise of sound judgment and credit analysis within prescribed procedures, with minimal supervision. This position is expected to grow into a leadership position within the department.
- Investigate the credit background of incoming applicants, acquisition accounts and existing customers, including, where applicable, analyzing financial statements and income tax returns
- Determine appropriate terms of payment and the security required for credit limits being assigned within credit authority. Properly document all security requirements
- Establish reasonable customer credit limits within assigned credit authority and make thorough and reasoned oral and/or written recommendations to credit manager for credit limits exceeding assigned authority
- Timely communicate credit limits and security requirements to appropriate sales, marketing and management associates
- Where needed, visit applicants and customers to obtain and/or review credit and financial information required as part of the credit due diligence process
- In a timely manner, prepare and disseminate credit activity reports to sales, marketing and management associates
- Understanding of real estate as collateral including valuation techniques and lien perfection
- Strong negotiation skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to compose a deal structure that satisfies the customer, sales, and achieves the appropriate balance of risk
- Working knowledge of the bank financing environment, government guaranteed lending programs, and bankruptcy/collection protocol to appropriately structure credit and collateral at origination
- Associate degree in accounting required, bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting or finance preferred.
- Five years prior credit investigation and evaluation experience in a high volume wholesale or banking credit environment preferred.
- Superior analytical, cognitive and numerical aptitude
- Ability to work independently in a past paced, high volume work atmosphere
- Thorough understanding of financial data such as cash flow, balance sheets and income statements as well as analytical skills to assess and evaluate credit worthiness
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate detailed information in a clear, easy to understand manner
- Demonstrated ability to both prioritize and multi-task while adapting to changing workflow and personalities
- Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills
- Capacity to process information quickly to reach appropriate decisions
- S. Venture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at (920) 739-6101.