Requisition Number: MORTG02846
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews on-line mortgage applications. Ensures accurate input of all mortgage application data.
- Works directly with members to collect missing application information and documentation.
- Monitors required mortgage documentation including appraisal; title commitment; flood; pmi.
- Reviews verifications for accuracy and updates member file accordingly.
- Secures PMI approval on loans requiring mortgage insurance.
- Assists Loan Officer in responding to member inquiries regarding application status.
- Utilizes automated underwriting system (DU) as an underwriting tool.
- Processes rate lock requests.
- Responsible for calling and monitoring mortgage “in box” inquires.
- Provides assistance with 4506 T and Social Security verifications.
- Interprets and underwrites loans in compliance with secondary market and credit union guidelines.
- Sells and cross sells credit union products on a regular basis and has a good overall knowledge of products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Complies with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/CIP (U.S. Patriot Act) procedures and policies.
- Provide members with courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations while processing transactions promptly, efficiently and accurately.
- Follow Wings Financial CU’s “Standards of Professionalism” to represent the credit union to members in a professional manner through written and verbal communications, attitude, business attire, work area, and thorough knowledge of our products and services.
- Meet individual quality service goals as identified in your performance action plan.
- Be an effective team member through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance, lack of tardiness, and participate at meetings and training.
- Accurately applies technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while managing varying degrees of work.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma required. One to two years related mortgage experience and/or training.
- Strong organizational skills; detailed oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Excel, Word)
- Annual compliance training.
- Required to obtain or possess a Mortgage Loan Originator (“MLO”) unique qualifier (NMLS registration number). Must have the ability to successfully complete all MLO Registry requirements, including passing background and credits checks and submitting to fingerprinting and to any other requirements of the rules enacted pursuant to the S.A.F.E. Act.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently or occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.