Providing health care services to nearly 250,000 residents of eastern Contra Costa County, Sutter Delta Medical Center remains the community's only not-for-profit acute care hospital. Its comprehensive services include 24-hour emergency care, surgery, family centers, obstetrics, pediatrics, acute rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, occupational health, physical therapy, intensive care and coronary care. Cardiac catheterization, sports rehabilitation and home health services are also among the medical center's areas of specialized care.
The Food Service Worker performs food preparation and storage, serving of meals and snacks, cleaning and storing of dishes, utensils, pots, and general department sanitation. The Food Service Worker may be assigned to patient food service, cafeteria service or catering and may be assigned to relieve in other areas.
All postings are open to internal candidates only for the first 7 days.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English as well as understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Must have sufficient mathematical ability to increase, decrease recipes.
- Ability to bend, twist, sit, stand and walk for required shift.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and assist with evacuation of patients in fire/disaster/medical emergencies
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct set fourth in Sutter Delta Medical Center, standards for business conduct policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in a safe, ethical, and honest manner, and promptly and appropriately addresses any potential violations of the Sutter Delta Medical Center standards for business conduct policies and procedures.