CNC Machinist A
Operate CNC machines in a product and safe manner to produce parts that meet Graco quality requirements at the lowest cost in a timely manner while minimizing waste of materials and resources.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position supports our Lubrication Equipment Division (LED) in Anoka, MN. At LED, Industrial Lubrication products are used in wind energy, general manufacturing and steel and mining industries (http://bit.ly/1jTCVMI). Petroleum Management products control fluids traditionally used for servicing vehicles, including pumps, tanks, hose reels, and meters (http://bit.ly/1krX8Tf). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016.
- Set-up,adjust and operate a variety of CNC machines within a department
- Maintain a clean, safe work area
- Adjust tools and replace as necessary
- Assist in process development with engineers,quality technicians and supervisors
- Perform maintenance of machines as required and keep supervision informed of necessary maintenance beyond operator assigned maintenance
- Read and understand layouts,job packets and blueprints for the parts being run (includes Geometric Tolerancing)
- Provide accurate inventory counts at all times and keep parts in appropriate parts storage areas
- Collect and use SPC data,which may involve use of comparator, CMM, Trimos, gages and related test instruments
- Perform necessary side operations during machine cycle time as required
- Follow set-up procedures and recommend improvements
- Will be involved with and perform pre-production and program prove-outs related to changes in new products and tooling
- Recognize problem processes and/or an unsafe set-ups and recommend alternatives
- Provide assistance and training to other operators and may be required to move to other machines if needed
- Work as a team member to aid all shifts and support personnel to operate to departmental standards including quality and productivity goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 year degree in Machining Technology or CNC Machining trade school preferred
- PC Skills for Manufacturing, Measurement Skills for Manufacturing, Math for Machinists, Blueprint Reading for Machinists, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing lll
- Requires a minimum of 4 1/2 years of CNC machine tool operation (milling for milling openings, turning for turning openings)
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand CNC programs and operational layouts as required.
- Proven understanding of tooling requirements to set up and operate machines in the departments, including pre-setting of tools.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a sequence of operations under minimum supervision and consistently maintain the performance level set for quality and productivity.
- Demonstrated skill and use of precision measurements and Graco standards
- Understanding of safety rules and regulations to prevent unsafe set-ups, operations or acts which might cause injury to self, others or environment
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong mechanical apptitude.
- Must have strong PC skills and ability to work with Microsoft products.
- SPC Theory, SPC Software or equivalent trade school education for these specific classes
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!