Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, IBM, Warner Music, and Veeam.
Brief Summary of Role
As the Chief Architect within the Digital Experience Strategy Practice, you’ll lead the entire technical team, setting direction for technology approach, methodology standards and architecture templates. Focusing on Cloud and Digital technologies, you’ll leverage your diverse experience with user experience, application, data and integration architecture to advise, define, document, communicate and implement strategic technology solutions. You must possess the ability to communicate to all levels of organizations, including c-level executives, senior management, end users, technical support staff, vendors, consultants and developers. As our go-to architect, your ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies will be paramount to your success in this role. This is a highly technical role that also requires complex stakeholder management, excellent customer focus and advanced project management skills.
- Lead a technical Full-Stack team and set standards for methodology, technologies and architecture.
- People management of technical consultant resources.
- Designs and implements technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications, specifically Custom Digital solutions on iOS, Android, Heroku, AWS and Salesforce.com.
- Build and execute a technical roadmap in collaboration with client stakeholders, Assess current technology environment and target state candidate solutions.
- Work with team to identify Architecture & technology pros & cons, high risk areas of solution and scalability.
- Serves as subject matter expert. Confident and willing to challenge a customer and guide the customer towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
- Ability to develop complex product-quality solutions and implementing development process standards to achieve this around DevOps: code management, quality control, Continuous Deployment, Platform standards and release management.
- Engages with internal SMEs to define and leads development of accelerators and assets to improve our solution quality and standards for our offerings to customers
- Provides pre-sales support as requested.
- Functioning as leader within the organization and industry. Examples may include internal subject matter expert and evangelist, Community leader, speaker at industry events.
Education and Required Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 15+ years project experience with packaged software and Digital Solution implementations
- Experience in cloud technologies across the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS stack
- Skilled in Full-Stack development technologies, mainly ReactJS and Node.js on PaaS solutions (Heroku, AWS, etc).
- Experience with mobile architecture/development/API management for mobile solutions with ReactNative, Swift(iOS) or Java(Android).
- Expert in evangelizing and implementing Platforms and solutions for 12-Factor Applications with microservices technologies.
- Salesforce experience across multiple clouds and understanding of offerings
- Experience designing and implementing mature DevOps models.
- Skilled in security architecture for authentication, authorization and identity management using products such as Oracle or Ping
- Familiarity with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to split time between many projects at once
- Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40-60%
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.