Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Intelligence Analyst III - Data Scientist
What you'll do:
- Perform writing advanced analytics on big data stored on cloud infrastructure.
- Perform parsing and formatting of large data sets through scripting and automation.
- Transform technical collection into meaningful narratives.
- Design scripts and analytic models to parse, format, and visualize complex data sets.
- Mentor Civilian and Military intelligence professionals on advanced analytic techniques.
- Provide customer with systematic improvement to their intelligence analysis and data science processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High school diploma plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Expertise with at least one, preferably several, of the following languages: C#, C++, Objective C, Java, Java Script, Pearl, Python, R, Ruby, PIG.
- Automation experience
- Expert knowledge of REGEX.
- In-depth knowledge of SIGINT dataflows.
- Expert knowledge of SIGINT data formats.
- Experience applying data science techniques to SIGINT collection.
- SQL and AI/ML experience a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.