Business Group Highlights
The Level 2 Hardware Engineer (HE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors.
- Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user's requirements.
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site-unique requirements.
- Develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines.
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site.
- Prepare site installation and test reports.
- Configure computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Organize and directs hardware installations across multiple sites.
- Design and verify test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases.
- Analyze and recommend hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware
- Assist with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers.
- Prepare Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
- An active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a I-IE analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.