Clicking “Apply Now“ opens the link in a new window.
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
This is a multi-unit position with the home unit being Brighton Center for Specialty Care Pediatric Infusion, and the float unit will be the Brighton Center for Specialty Care Adult Infusion. These units function out of the same geographical space.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $65,840.24 - $104,150.85
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.45 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.30 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
The Infusion Registered Nurse is accountable for the delivery of direct patient care for pediatric (cancer and non-cancer) and adult (cancer and non-cancer) patients receiving infusion therapies including (but not limited to) chemotherapy, blood, IVIG, disease modifying agents and supportive care medications. This position also requires the Registered Nurse to care for adult patients being served in the ADTU as needed.
The Registered Nurse (RN) supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to access and meet the needs of the patient and family; plans, implements, and evaluates patient care; and teaches patients, families, orients colleagues and peers.
The candidate must have demonstrated the following in his/her current position:
- Accountable for the management of patients assigned to the team, according to applicable standards for varied patient populations.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
- Utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential patient problems.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and ensures that they are met.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Works with the various associates to ensure patients are scheduled appropriately.
Communication and Respect.:
- Maintains a highly professional and positive attitude regardless of workload and stress level.
- Inputs, retrieves and interprets data from multiple manual and computer based information systems.
- Exhibits professional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Professional Leadership and Development:
- Utilizes time in an efficient manner by completing assigned duties.
- Performs procedures in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Develops self professionally to maintain knowledge, skills and abilities for nursing care of patient population.
- Completes all other clinical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Implements change to achieve identified team goals.
- Supports education of other staff and students
- Seeks opportunities to meet individual objectives identified on the professional Development Model.
- Uses organizational skills to assure the team provides safe, efficient care to the patient.
- Uses organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education and coordination of services.
- Safely and appropriately delegates to other health care team members.
- Collaborates with medical staff to facilitate and optimize the care of the patient.
Research and Quality Improvement:
- Acts on behalf of patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
- Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Process.
EXPECTATIONS of the position:
- Demonstrated ability to start IV's, access ports and maintain vascular access
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently, set goals, promote teamwork, coordinate and perform multiple activities and problem solve as measured by interview, references, and performance evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement priorities, organize and delegate effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with others (including peers)
- Demonstrated abilities in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and problem solving skill within all levels of the health care team
- Proven self-direction ability including: initiative and creativity
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse to practice in the State of Michigan
- Current PALS Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent (within the last 5 years) clinical Pediatric RN experience. Two (2) years of which must include direct patient care experience with the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT patient population
- Ability to start peripheral IV access, as well as experience in accessing and maintaining central venous catheters, including mediports
Note: In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Certified APHON pediatric chemotherapy and biotherapy provider OR successful completion of Michigan Medicine Chemotherapy Certification Class.
- Demonstrated experience with outpatient pediatric infusion
- Demonstrated pediatric ICU and/or ER experience
- Professional nursing certification, OCN and/or CPHON and/or BMTCN.
- BSN Preferred
Hours: 40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Variable days of the week, including weekends
The standard hours of operation for the ADTU and Infusion Center are Monday through Friday, 7:00- 7:30pm with extended hours for continued patient care as well as Saturday hours 8:00- 4:30 pm. Sunday hours may be added at a future date based on patient needs.
Location: Brighton Center for Specialty Care
All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Job Opening ID
- Working Title
REGISTERED NURSE (Ambulatory Care Services, Brighton Center for Specialty Care Infusion/ADTU)
- Job Title
REGISTERED NURSE - LEVEL C
- Work Location
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
- Full/Part Time
- FLSA Status
- Organizational Group
- Posting Begin/End Date
12/02/2019 – 12/15/2019
- Paid Time Off
- Pay Grade
Nurses Framework Level C
- Career Interests
Nursing- All Nursing
Nursing- Ambulatory Care and Clinics
Nursing- Medical Surgical
Nursing- Procedural Services