How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
The Livonia Specialty Clinic is looking for a Patient Services Assistant to join our team. This position will play a vital role in our clinic and will have the opportunity to contribute to many aspects of our clinic operations. Responsibilites will include assisting at the front desk, obtaining outside records, completing pre-arrival tasks and other administrative duties as needed. Additional responsibilities may include providing clinic support by cleaning rooms and sterilizing instruments. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service to not only our patients, but also to their colleagues.
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Candidate must be a team player with the ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to Michigan Medicine standard of personal and professional conduct, possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, proficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience with an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of HLD (High Level Disinfection) requirements and experience sterilizing instruments.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.