Altarum Institute is pleased to announce an open position for a full-time Paralegal at our headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI. The Paralegal will support our Director Contracts and Legal Operations in a very fast-paced, collaborative, team based environment supporting our legal operations team.
- Support contracts and legal operations team in managing, tracking and reporting status on active legal projects; ensuring all projects are on track for timely completion; maintaining databases, paper files and record retention, including expirations and renewals.
- Support contracts and legal operations team with contract administration and coordination of approvals, signatures and notarization of documents.
- Perform legal research, analyze results for decision-making and summarize for review.
- Gain thorough knowledge of company policies, practices, and organization as related to areas of responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain legal operations templates and forms.
- Proof documents for format, spelling and grammar.
- Perform routine office duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing, and scheduling.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; paralegal certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting a legal department and multiple attorneys.
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook; SharePoint and database systems
- Experienced in legal terminology, legal procedures, filing requirements and formats.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail, flexibility, initiative and strong decision making capability.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and be able to prioritize and complete projects effectively and efficiently
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans' health.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.