The Balfour at Ann Arbor community incorporates all we have learned from our nearly 20 years of developing and operating senior housing. Offering a continuum of care, paired with our signature amenities and services, Balfour brings a new choice for an exceptional senior living community in Ann Arbor. We're seeking passionate talented staff to help bring the Balfour standard to Ann Arbor.
- Immediate healthcare coverage for eligible employees (immediate coverage!)
- 401k with matching
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and sick time for full and part time employees
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Resident Referral Bonus Program
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for ensuring the proper operation of the equipment, general condition and safety of the building and grounds, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC and appliances and equipment. In this role you will test emergency and fire equipment in accordance with specifications and schedules. You will also participate in surveys and inspections made by authorized government agencies and develop and implement plans of correction for maintenance deficiencies noted during surveys. You will manage a team and will assist the Executive Director in developing the maintenance operating budgets and operate within budgetary constraints. You will also develop and monitor purchasing and inventory control procedures and order supplies and equipment from vendors.
- 3-5 years of general building maintenance required, including knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, preventative, and general repairs
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members
- Demonstrate integrity, imagination and initiative, showing appropriate manner and conduct
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and responsibly with others
- Ability to maintain a customer focus treating all customers with respect and integrity
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays as needed
ABOUT BALFOUR SENIOR LIVING: Founded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. With round-the-clock nursing coverage and an extensive activity program, Balfour’s quality of care and life enrichment programming makes the company a leader in the growing world of senior housing. Since the first community opened in Louisville, Colorado in 1999, Balfour has grown to include nine communities in the Denver Metro area and one in Ann Arbor, Michigan. From its inception, Balfour Senior Living has sought to be the most admired senior living company in the United States.
Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)