Embedded Systems Firmware Engineer
What are we up to?
Stratos, Inc. is the creator of the Stratos Bluetooth Connected Card™ Platform that combines plastic cards into a single, smart, dynamic card. Credit, debit, loyalty, membership and gift cards can be loaded into one mobile-connected card, empowering people to make better, more informed payment decisions while simplifying transactions through a familiar, reliable form. Stratos allows merchants and card issuers to strengthen brand loyalty with better data and improved communications to card users without infrastructure change.
How you can make in impact.
We are looking for a creative engineer to develop the firmware experience for the Stratos Card by undertaking and owning fundamental development challenges. You will be joining a small but highly skilled team that is passionate about building software for both the consumer and the merchant. You'll be collaborating with all team members to help develop the vision for new features and products, providing creative and technical insight.
A day in the life
- Design and implement the application framework and system services for a new embedded platform.
- Collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineers on the hardware design and implementation process from design through manufacturing and testing.
- Assist in the design and development of test systems for validation of the platform from hardware to firmware.
- Development of Bluetooth Smart systems.
- Keep up with the latest embedded firmware technologies/versions and tools.
- Enforce a high standard of quality over the code base and application performance.
- Influence every aspect of the firmware development process.
- International travel on occassion.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise designing and implementing embedded software systems in C.
- Experience implementing power-optimized software.
- Bare-metal embedded system design experience, minimal or no RTOS.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Familiarity with debugging tools like bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Experience implementing and debugging hardware drivers.
- Experience working with Bluetooth Smart firmware stack a huge plus.
- Python skills a big plus.
We want you to have opinions on
- Open source firmware projects.
- Security in connected devices.