Embedded Hardware Engineer
What are we up to?
Stratos, Inc. is the creator of the Stratos Bluetooth Connected Card™ Platform that combines plastic cards into a single, smart, dynamic card. Credit, debit, loyalty, membership and gift cards can be loaded into one mobile-connected card, empowering people to make better, more informed payment decisions while simplifying transactions through a familiar, reliable form. Stratos allows merchants and card issuers to strengthen brand loyalty with better data and improved communications to card users without infrastructure change.
A day in the life
- Design and implementation of the hardware platform for a new payment technology, including MCU, FPGA, Bluetooth Smart, touch sensors, encryption, security, extreme low power, etc.
- Collaboration with firmware engineers on design, self-test, and implementation.
- Collaboration with manufacturing and mechanical engineers - design for test, design for manufacturing, failure analysis, support for manufacturing testing and yield improvements.
- Design of programming and manufacturing jigs for uncommon form factor.
- Support and review of 3rd party design projects.
- Root cause analysis for initial design and for issues found in manufacturing.
- International travel on occasion.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of relevant industry or personal experience.
- Experience in generation of design specification documentation, schematic capture, and circuit analysis.
- Experience with verification, test, and quality assurance of deliverables against specifications and requirements.
- Experience with board bring up and programming and debugging microcontroller based systems.
- Experience with debugging tools like bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of flexible electronics design.
We want you to have opinions on
- Altium Designer.
- PCB layout and design.
- SPICE analysis.