Requisition Number: CONTE02452
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes.
Content Ingest Developer
What will I be doing?
As a Content Ingestion Analyst at a leading educational technology company you will have the opportunity to move new content sets to production; working collaboratively with content owners, product managers, editorial, systems, and manufacturing staff to ensure that content supports product, platform, and manufacturing standards; sustaining the quality of ingested content; and contributing to process and system improvements.
In this position, you will also…
- Support the evaluation process by providing input on usability of sample electronic feed and online content.
- Work with management, providers, and internal departments to inform them of content structure.
- Develop acquisition, mapping, and transform flows to add content to product.
- Perform break/fix analysis and repair using modular and UI driven scripting applications.
- Create filter specifications, transformation services or web harvesters, cross-referencing the structure of the data.
- Support one or more pipelines, owns quality and timeliness of new content.
- Communicate status and maintain reports throughout all phases of new content, migration, project, and sustaining work.
- Participate in small and medium-scale product, and process improvement projects to support new product development.
Reasons you should apply...
1. Enjoy collaborative environment
2. Tech Savvy
3. Empact your work has on the community
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to work alone
2. You have not worked with Web Development
3. Are not Tech Savvy
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience transforming digital content in a similar industry or through related coursework.
- Proven record of communicating and working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams to reach resolution, share knowledge, and maintain strong relationships.
- Experience using regular expressions.
Superstar Candidates May Also Have…
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science.
- Experience working in a Scrum development environment.
- Experience working in a Lean Six Sigma environment.
- Experience using Informatica Data Exchange, PowerCenter, and Data Transformation products to process content.
- Proficiency in a Language other than English.
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
We work hard and have fun doing it. If you are an experienced professional, please consider joining our talented team!!