Unit Supervisor III
TTi Global Ankeny, IA
Is responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervises semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards. The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff. Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance. Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job. Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements. Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules. Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date. Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets. Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets. Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities. Implements and monitors safety programs and housekeeping.
Unit Supervisor - Great Opportunity!
TTi Global also offers paid time off and full health care benefits (if desired).
Specific Position Requirements:
- Experience with, or supporting, shop floor manufacturing and/or warehouse operations •Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment
- Experience communicating across functions (such as: supply management, engineering, operations and human resources)
- Ability to flex working hours and weekends on an as-needed basis
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection
- Experience working in a union environment -Experience creating and promoting a Continuous Improvement work environment
Education (Specific Branch of Study, Certificate):
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.