Compensation (Hourly Range)*: 25-30 per hour
If you are an experienced UNIT SUPERVISOR looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a UNIT SUPERVISOR. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a UNIT SUPERVISOR will include
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance. Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
- Implements and monitors safety programs and housekeeping.
As a UNIT SUPERVISOR you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with, or supporting, shop floor manufacturing and/or warehouse operation
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment
- Experience communicating across functions (such as: supply management, engineering, operations and human resources)
- Ability to flex working hours and weekends on an as-needed basis
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience creating and promoting a Continuous Improvement work environment
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.
As a UNIT SUPERVISOR with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for UNIT SUPERVISOR Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Shop Floor, Union, Supply Chain Management