Work with Tilson sales team to assist with greeting and meeting the prospective Tilson customers at the sales park. Responsible for various administrative tasks, such as answering the phone, processing guest cards and keeping the database up to date for the sales team. Assist the sales staff in working with other Tilson departments (Risk Administration Department, Drafting and Estimating) to ensure timely construction start times for the park sales. Participate in sales training available to advance to a salesperson status and generally assist the sales team with any duty that will benefit the Tilson team and park in the sales effort.
- Meet, assist, and establish rapport with prospective customers.
- Gather information from the customer (or prospect) regarding his or her needs and work with the Salesperson to offer a solution.
- Perform administrative tasks as required to maintain customer contact and assist in the joint effort to achieve the sales goal for the assigned park.
- Assist Tilson customers in answering questions.
- Assist with completing contracts and paperwork in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction with the process.
- Listen to and work with the Sales Team to resolve customer complaints regarding services or products.
- Learn the Tilson pricebook, floor plans and models as well as the construction methods and terminology used to assist customers in customizing their homes.
- Must be able to effectively and accurately price out a home on a ticket after completing training. Timeline to be established during training.
- Assist in the maintenance of the contact database and written communications to the customers.
- Assist customers in the color selection process and accurately document their selections.
- Ensure that the Sales Park and models are open, presentable and ready for business during business hours.
- Must be able to work the assigned schedule and comply with the company's attendance policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned to support all departments in the company.
- Customer service – When the needs of the company or its customers dictate, this job will entail whatever needs to be done that is assigned by a supervisor/manager and is within the employee's capability to deliver.
Critical Competencies and Skills:
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time Management – Managing one's own time to meet the administrative needs of the position and learn the skills necessary to progress to the next level.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Communication skills - effective oral and written communication skills.
- English language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words and grammar.
- Active listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Compute basic math problems to include fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Technology – Ability to use a personal computer, scanner, fax and other office equipment. Ability to learn new software quickly. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) a must.
- Ability to work with others in a group or team.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- At least one to two (1-2) years experience in customer service or sales, preferably with a custom homebuilder
- This is primarily a sedentary position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighting 20 pounds or less.
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs in the sales park and/or model homes.
- Must have the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
- Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone.