Requisition Number: TECHN02976
Serve as a technical support specialist within the service network approvals department. Work with department management, Service Partners and customers in reviewing and resolving complex technical claims
- Support department service level objectives through processing incoming authorization task and focusing on leading the resolution of complex technical claims.
- Research and purchase parts and equipment for claims resolution. Accurately update and maintain parts and equipment data within the inventory system
- Serve as a customer service and information resource to internal and external customers
- Supports claims cost savings initiatives through quality checks and skill set development within the authorization process.
- Authorization claim approval amount outside of systematic approval engine, depending on knowledge and experience.
- Making claim decision such as obtaining a second opinion, determine claim coverage, reassign a claim, repair or replace, assign tasks, updated customer information,– all within company and contract guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of claims set-up, authorizations, vendor network, and purchasing processes (in-house processes)
- Strong data entry and typing skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical and/or appliances)
- Experience with job costing and purchasing process
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external customers at all management levels
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong time management – ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Office environment, no major discomforts other than moderate noise from standard office equipment. Position requires close visual work and frequent use of the computer keyboard.