- Financial oversight of all sales and profit goals.
- Develop and implement strategies for merchandising and store standards.
- Execute company programs and processes for inventory control, shipping and receiving, efficient use of labor, expense control and shrink reduction. Evaluate challenges in individual stores and provide guidance on overcoming obstacles.
- Achieve operational excellence with regard to the company's key performance indicators and overall business results.
- Develop and implement plans to maximize sales and profit that meet or exceed goals and objectives by analyzing and measuring business trends and individual location opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store visits; reporting; and partnerships with other functional areas including Loss Prevention, Inventory Control, Store Operations and others.
- Develop and support a team-oriented environment with the Store Team Leaders.
- Develop and execute plans for all coaching, training and development, evaluating, and supervising team leaders.
- Ensure current and future staffing needs of the stores and company are met by maintaining proper hiring standards including recruiting, interviewing, and selecting candidates) on a regular basis. Support and encourage participation in Ollie's Leadership Institute and Employee Referral programs.
- Identify skill gaps and provide appropriate training to the leadership team.
- Provide motivation, inspiration and enthusiasm to Team Leaders and Associates.
- Collaborate with merchants to ensure adequate inventory at the store level
- Responsible for overall turnover results.
- Manage Shrink and safety through implementation of company programs and reinforcement of guidelines and policy.
- Strategic planning and forecasting for the district.
- Timely and accurate completion of all reporting processes.
- Implementation of company initiatives and strategies.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Operating within company policies and business ethics and ensuring the same in areas of responsibility.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Higher education, including two and four year degrees related to business management preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience in a supervisory role in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business, or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process.
- Posses the ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment.
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions.
- The ability to learn and communicate new information and processes to all associates within company standards.
- Comprehension of selling and service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Travel within assigned district and for periodic meetings, some overnight travel required.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid state issued license.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.