Providence is calling a Speech Pathologist (Outpatient Speech Ther, Days, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Asses, plan, implement and evaluate Speech Language Pathology services under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
- Assist in coordinating discharge plan.
- Provide patient and family education in a variety of physical settings.
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge of specific department equipment.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills and activities relevant to level of education, training and specialty.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Speech Language Pathology
- State of Alaska licensure as a Speech Pathologist
- CFY candidates will be considered, with commitment of continued employment after certification and full licensure
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nations best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the states largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!