Providence is calling a Radiology Technologist (Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Imaging Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of technical procedures according to department, hospital and national standards.
- Be responsible for accurately completing records, daily quality assurance and improvement information, and meeting regulatory standards.
- Calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Optimize equipment and supplies to benefits department operations.
- Stock work area daily; may be involved in ordering and stocking of general supplies.
- Comply with department and hospital radiation and safety standards. Practice Body Substance Isolation. Complete education necessary to maintain licensure or certification required for the position
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, samples for testing or related information. Operate multiple communication and telecommunication systems. Coordinate scheduling of tests. Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved training program for Radiologic Technology
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) registry eligible and able to obtain registry within 1 year of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- AART registed
- Current experience as a Radiologic Technologist
About the Providence Imaging Center
Providence Imaging Center (PIC) is an independent diagnostic testing facility for outpatient medical imaging, located on the east side of the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus. PIC completed an expansion, which added 8,000 square feet, and several pieces of new equipment and 23 dedicated PIC parking spots conveniently located adjacent to the facility. Board –certified Radiologists and a team of highly qualified trained technologist and professional clerical staff are dedicated to providing clients with high quality imaging exams in a caring comfortable and convenient environment.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!