This position is an office relief clerk or a casual worker. The duties include but are not limited to: Accounting, payroll, customer service, gate house, file room, rates department and any other office tasks as assigned.
Please note that this is a casual position as defined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Casual employees currently work 40 hours per week, but there is no guarantee of hours. In addition, as a casual employee you do not have the opportunity to accrue sick time or personal time, but will receive contributions to the Pension and Health and Welfare plan. You will receive 1 week of vacation after 1 year of employment.
The current rate of pay is $23.00 per hour and will increase based on the contract. In addition, future permanent clerical employees are hired from the casual worker position.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to learn many different aspects of the operation
- Ability to perform customer service function in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to read and follow the outlined SOP for each operational area
- Ability to multi-task and perform various functions, with emphasis on attention to detail, as needed throughout the day
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to follow direction
- Must have accountability for performance and initiative to ask questions
- Previous experience in an office position
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Previous experience in accounting and or customer service is preferred
- Valid Alaska driver's license
- Ability to pass the pre-screening clerical test administered by the Union
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
- Maintain membership in the Union
- Lifting up to 10 pounds on your own
- Sitting for up to 50 minutes per hour
- Standing for up to 30 minutes per hour
- Walking for up to 20 minutes per hour
Teamsters Local 959 maintains a list of clerical applicants. All applicants are required to register in the dues office and submit a resume to the dispatch office. Those applicants that meet the requirements of the position above, including ability to pass pre-screening clerical tests administered at the Teamsters dispatch office, will be referred to Matson. You will be required to fill out an application which is available online at Matson.Com under the careers tab.
The Teamsters hiring hall is located at 520 E 34th Avenue, Anchorage Alaska. Any questions regarding this process please contact the Teamster's dispatcher Kathy Headlough at 751-8567.