Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (Occupational Therapy, Days, 1.0 FTE) to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, evaluate, and implement treatment according to professional standards. Provides direction and guidance to others as they follow through on the plan of care.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs and overall condition of patient; anticipates future levels of care.
- Document all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner that is clear to others, and meets service standards. Plans for patient discharge with attention given to home programs, equipment arrangement, and patient/family education.
- Delegate appropriate patient activities to co-workers, O.T. Assistants, and O.T. Aides using professional criteria. Gathers feedback from team members.
- Exhibit clinical skills relevant to level of education and training in respective specialty.
- Provide patient and family education in a variety of physical settings.
- Demonstrate safe use and knowledge of equipment in their home department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Master's Degree OR Ph.D. in Occupational Therapy
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association upon hire or the ability to accomplish within 30 days of hire required.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 2 years experience in subspecialty
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.