At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska's premier bank and employer of choice! We are looking for professional and knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in providing value for our customers and communities.
The Content Developer is primarily responsible for creating training content in a variety formats for the Bank. This position helps employees to utilize software and systems by identifying training needs, identifying new or underutilized features within Bank applications, developing curriculum and presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain understanding of bank systems, ownership, update schedules and impact of changes on training, procedures and current processes.
- Maintain Training Department Portal and Department Team Site.
- Maintain internal department materials such as style guides and cross reference documents.
- Manage content in an accurate, organized and user friendly way which is easily consumed.
- Create basic, intermediate, and advanced digital trainings and reference materials with guidance and input from subject matter experts.
- Create videos, illustrations, and graphics to support various projects.
- Maintain an advanced level of proficiency in tools used to create/edit digital media and online courses.
- Create, implement, and improve end user training materials to include editing of other employees work.
- Perform testing and evaluations of new systems and communication infrastructure.
- Improve usability of content to enhance user experience.
- Create material refresh process for updates.
- Document process workflows.
- Assist in the maintenance of procedures for departments.
- Facilitating or co-teaching existing programs/courses may also be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Computer Science, or related field.
- Education can be substituted with four years of experience creating training, policy or procedures as a primary duty within an organization.
- Four years of experience creating training to include two years of core banking system/retail banking operations experience.
- Related military education/experience may be used as a substitute for education or work experience.
Knowledge & Communication Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of preparing clear and concise written communications presentations.
- High level of comfort delivering training via in-person classroom and remote e-learning settings.
Analytical & Decision Making Skills
- High level of analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-directed, able to work independently without supervision, and be able to prioritize multiple projects to meet firm deadlines.
Computer/Software/Other Equipment Skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, client computing platforms (such as PCs, laptops, and tablets), office productivity and collaboration software, and other client side applications.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.
Northrim Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Northrim Bank does not discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, marital status, changes in marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.