Providence is calling a Clinical Nurse Educator (Providence Learning Institute, Days, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Develop and operationalize effective methods of educating patient care staff so they possess the knowledge, skills, and attitudes requisite for safe, competent and effective patient care practice
- Serve as a preceptor.
- Mentor and coach peers, preceptors and staff.
- Collaborate with academia to advance curricula to meet the needs of healthcare organizations, the unit, and the profession
- Collaborate with professional organizations
- Participate in and incorporates research and/or evidence-based practice as an advisor, investigator, collaborator, translator, integrator, or evaluator
- Provide supportive educational resources and opportunities
- Participate in appropriate hospital and unit based councils
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Certification within area of practice must be obtained within 6 months of hire date
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- 3 years experience in a clinical setting within the area of practice
- Membership in professional nursing organization (in the area of specialty)
About Providence Alaska Medical Center:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nations best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the states largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!