Providence is calling a Case Management Support Technician (Case Management And Social Svc, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivery every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Act as the focal point for customer service. Places outgoing calls and answers all incoming calls using good phone etiquette and customer service skills. Answers questions, if unable to assist patient/physician/department, refers calls to proper person or takes messages and returns calls promptly. Maintains high level of confidentiality in compliance with HIPPA rules and regulations in all communication.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team, patients/families, payers, physician offices and other community agencies ensuring a team environment. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all interactions to provide a smooth and efficient department operation allowing for maximum comfort and confidentiality for the customer. Prioritizes workflow and knows when to ask for help.
- Verify and obtain benefits levels from insurance carriers and employers when applicable and maintains appropriate and accurate documentation, both written and electronically. Maintains working knowledge of procedures and insurance requirements.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement programs by identifying opportunities and recommending solutions. Assists with a wide range of department specific duties and activities to maintain maximum productivity.
- Responsible to obtain the necessary knowledge and experience to perform job tasks in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines. Maintains compliance with all PAMC and department policies and procedures. Completes Medicare Message follow up letter as identified by dept process.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees. keeps management advised of all progress and/or problem areas.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of registration, billing, retrieval of electronic data interchange and online systems. Responsible for account follow-up, account maintenance, and customer service as relates to department responsibilities. Possesses the ability to detect system integrity problems, reports and assist in resolution.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in a medical business or hospital administrative setting
About Case Management
Our dedicated team of Nurse Case Managers and Social Work professionals work in close collaboration with healthcare team members and providers to assist neonates to geriatric patients and families in making decisions regarding continuity of care. Our team's scope of practice includes utilization review to determine medical necessity and level of care needs.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nations best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the states largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!