GCI's Administrator II, UCC Systems will provide technical and operational support for the company's Unified Communications and Collaboration systems, contact centers, Atlassian Tools, O365, SharePoint, and Exchange Online, MS Teams, PBX and Video-Teleconferencing solutions, and related applications as components of the Digital Workplace.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems
- Perform routine configuration changes per change requests
- Test routine software and hardware configuration changes following established change management processes and procedures
- Maintain system, infrastructure, training, and support documentation for existing applications.
- Support senior staff with software and hardware patches, updates, and upgrades
- Support project managers on design, installations and configurations, system testing, deployments, �GoLives� as well as post-Go-Live activities.
Additional Job Requirements: This is a mid-level, position within the IT UCC system administrator field. Will focus on supporting the Unified Communications and Collaboration systems for the company as components of the Digital Workplace. Conducting work assignments of increasing complexity and under moderate to minimal supervision with some latitude of independent judgement. Must be able to function at an advanced skilled level with demonstrated abilities to work independently for most efforts and as part of a larger team for shared work, projects and daily stand-ups. Supports senior teams and mentors junior team members. Completing tasks on time and within budget.
Essential Duties for this position:
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer incidents and problems. Responsible for tracking, updating and completing all issues via the ticketing or workforce management system, or both.
- Perform routine end-user configuration changes per change requests.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware incidents.
- Test routine software and hardware configuration changes following appropriate change management processes and procedures.
- Support senior/experienced staff with software and hardware patches, updates, and upgrades as necessary.
- Produce performance, productivity, and outage reports as needed, and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Maintain system, infrastructure, training, and support documentation for existing applications where appropriate.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation.
Application Development and Project Support:
- Support project managers on project planning and design documentation. Also participate with solution/product research, due diligence, and pre-project documentation.
- Support project managers with requirements gathering and documentation.
- Support project managers on the installation and configuration of hardware and software.
- Support system testing, deployments, and system �Go-Lives� as well as post Go-Live support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to comply with IT industry best practices such as ITIL and Lean/Agile methodology.
- Ability to discern and resolve the root cause of problems in complex environments
- Critical thinking to analyze the impacts of changes on systems and take the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation while minimizing impacts.
- Provide advanced support to enterprise wide communications and collaborations solutions such as ACD/Contact Center (e.g. Avaya CM, Genesys Cloud), VoIP, Communication and Collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Teams), and CMS (e.g. SharePoint)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB) and operating systems such as MS Windows, OS X, Server 2003/05, and UNIX as well as Android and iOS.
- Demonstrated knowledge with the telecommunications industry and telephony/ACDs preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of client/server software environments, database fundamentals, SQL, and reporting tools.
- Proficient ability in the use of office productivity applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- People and Self-Management:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to train users in informal and formal environments.
- Capable of building and maintaining good relationships with customers, management, and IT peers
- Build and maintain relationships with system vendors.
- Ability to perform SLA monitoring and conflict resolution.
- Works to resolve problem relationships.
- Takes responsibility for actions and is accountable for results. Self-directed, takes initiative and seeks out opportunities. Creative and seeks out innovative solutions.
- Continuously assesses and accepts risks and able to learn from mistakes.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and track multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to work within a team where decisions and responsibilities are shared.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in any combination of systems administration support or equivalent technical support environment required.
- To include two years of telephony (e.g. PBX, ACD, VoIP, SIP Trunking), Microsoft SharePoint and/or Microsoft Teams systems administration experience required (experience can be cumulative).
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in telecommunications, information technology/systems, Computer Science, or related field required.
- In addition to experience above, a combination of relevant education and experience sufficient to perform the duties may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year- for -year basis.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications highly valued and can contribute toward education.
Physical Requirements: Visual acuity necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment. Must have the ability to communicate orally, both in person and via communication tools and applications.
Working Conditions: Work is performed at company's headquarters during a normal 40-hour workweek and may require additional hours to meet project goals or deadlines. Some work may be performed remotely, at the discretion of management. Occasional travel for business and training purposes is required.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and a satisfactory driving record. Must be able to drive, as use of personal vehicle for transportation between various company facilities within the Anchorage area is required.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.