Start a career with First National Bank Alaska, the *Best Place to Work in Alaska* as recognized four years in a row by Alaska Business magazine readers.
GENERAL PURPOSE SUMMARY
Prepares, posts, and reconciles the bank's general ledger by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts; identifies outstanding items, balances application reports to the general ledger, and researches and resolves discrepancies working with appropriate internal and external personnel.
- Balances teller cash on hand to general ledger, and works with operations staff to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles bank demand deposit accounts domiciled at other institutions.
- Reviews general ledger tickets for correct account number, classification, description, and authorization; works with appropriate management personnel to correct or clarify discrepancies. Posts descriptions to general ledger entries run through the proof encoding system.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: One year accounting or bookkeeping related experience or training.
Preferred: Prior financial services industry experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to keyboard 35 wpm and operate a 10-key calculator by sight required. Word processing and spreadsheet software experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding while carrying out written, oral, or diagram instructions; and to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
0 - 10%