Accounts Receivable Manager
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Manager for the Anchorage, AK corporate office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction, supervision, support, and training to the accounts receivable team.
- Manage monthly billing and accounts receivables processes.
- Review and approve setting up customers and billings in Costpoint accounting system including cash receipts, unbilled receivable.
- Assist with contract close outs, de-obligation of funds, including DCAA/DCMA inquiries.
- Assist in analyzing accounts receivables and unbilled accounts to ensure efficient billings and timely collections.
- Complete all Month end related tasks including collaboration with other departments to meet established closing deadlines.
- Assist in the interim and annual audit reviews.
- All other duties as assigned by the Controller
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in related field.
- 5 years of federal contract and commercial billing experience.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years Deltek Costpoint AR module experience or similar accounting/AR system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to read and understand basic federal and commercial contracts.
- Ability to analyze and interpret billing information.
- Proactive in finding ways to streamline various accounts receivable processes.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, and with a team, in fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy, organization, and timeliness.
- Proven ability to interact with team members and customers in a professional manner, organizes and set priorities, work effectively under pressure, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years Deltek Costpoint AR module experience
- Experience working with Wide Area Work Flow, Electronic Document Access, My Invoice, and other electronic invoicing.
- High level of computer skills required, including proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs (Excel) and email system
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in an office setting, sit for long periods of time, talk on the telephone, work on a computer for extended periods of time, and lift and carry up to 25 pounds on a periodic basis. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate a cell phone, telephone and keyboard.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
DOT COVERED/SAFETYSENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding Department of Transportation safety-sensitive functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- Supervises up to five billing specialists
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or genderidentity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.