At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
The purpose of the job is to support design engineers in various mechanical, electrical, electronics, and/or software application automation projects. An Automation Engineering Technician is responsible for drafting design drawings within the area of assignment. Position is provides end user support in installation and training of automation technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports design of automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Software Application.
- Works closely with internal or external Assemblers on assembly of the designed equipment.
- Supports the design engineers in the drafting of design drawings, preparation, and development of user manual.
- Conducts equipment installation and end user training.
- Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
- Knowledge of EMS industries.
- Knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two year technical degree in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experiences in automation equipment assembly and installation.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Job location to be in Anaheim, CA
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.