Can you design beautiful digital products at scale?
We’re on a mission to create the ultimate playground. To help us get there, we're looking for an experienced and ambitious Product Designer – living to draw points and pixels for digital products. Would you like to work on several new digital products for an audience of millions around the world?
If you’re a product designer who has experience shipping beautiful digital products with crispy clean UIs and working in quick, iterative design cycles, then we want to see your Product Design portfolio!
- Combine design thinking with execution, to produce industry-leading work. Translate our design values and product strategy into unique, spot-on digital designs. Concept and rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mockups with strong attention to pixel-level detail.
- Design products systematically to deliver a great, cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem, always keeping our users’ wants and needs at the heart of everything you do. Design user flows, interactions, user interfaces and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent across the web.
- Work directly with our product manager, developers and other stakeholders to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed. Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably easy, accessible, and engaging for our users.
- Develop and continuously improve our design system and product design guidelines for the main playground and extended portfolio of products: from landing pages and b2b dashboards, to game widgets and custom advertising formats.
- Listen with empathy and represent the voice of the user with objectivity. You help the team exchange feedback at all stages of the work, and help us to stay honest about solving the right problems for the right users in the right way.
- Develop creative solutions while striving to be analytical and objective. You make decisions that attempt to find long-term value for our business and users.
- Be a leader in design thinking by training and sharing insights with our team and the world. You will publicly publish on our work to spark discussion and establish Poki as a frontrunner in the digital industry.
- Have a relevant degree at academic or college level
- Have 5+ years professional experience in digital product design and a track record of launching successful projects at scale, with a focus on consumer-facing products and experiences.
- Have a strong portfolio demonstrating your hands-on design experience, showcasing real live work, as well as your design process.
- Have a deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of design trends and modern web application technologies, including best practices in responsive web design.
- Have experience designing for web and working across multiple platforms (Android, iOS, mobile web, desktop) to deliver consistent experiences across multiple touchpoints.
- Have experience taking designs from conception to implementation, with an ability to design and iterate based off of qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Are methodical with a keen eye for detail, because you know that millions of people rely on what you’re designing. You balance big-picture UX thinking with tiny UI details because you always design to support real behaviors of our users.
- Demonstrate expert level mastery of all essential design tools (i.e. Adobe CS, Sketch, old-school pencils) and some experience with prototyping tools.
- Communicate clearly and can articulate the strategy and rationale behind your design decisions and what problems they're solving, i.e. you always ship the best idea, not just your idea.
- Have excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work, demonstrating strong product thinking, understanding of strategic and tactical design, and a deep knowledge of design patterns and processes.
- Are fluent in Dutch and/or English, and already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam.
We especially like portfolios that demonstrate:
- Proven experience developing and implementing design systems, including documentation, guidelines and other best practices.
- Your motion design skills. We love screen-, icon- and UI animations.
- You are capable defining, and working with user and growth metrics.
- Your strong analytical skills: ability to use input from analytics and UX research to discover and refine who were building for, what their needs are, and how we can bring more value to them.
- Your ability to lead the team in creating clear product solutions when complex user and business dynamics exist.
As our Product Designer, you will help us define how people interact with Poki. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help players discover, play, and connect with games they love.
You’ll be working directly with our team of designers and developers to deliver the next iterations of our worldwide gaming platform and related products.
You will also be directly involved in the evolution of our global brand and product guidelines, using and extending our design system to create high-quality, detail-oriented UI design work at scale.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of shipping digital products. You should have the expertise, qualifications, and ambition to take a leading role within our team.