Do you want to design, build and maintain code and infrastructure that lets 30 million users play?
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. We bring fun games to kids of all ages, while helping game developers achieve success on web and mobile. Our roots are on the web, but we're expanding to bring fun to our users on all platforms. We're looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our Amsterdam office. Are you interested in building the foundation that will help us grow to 100 million users and beyond? Then read on!
As a Backend Engineer you will be joining our experienced development team, and be responsible for the infrastructure and code powering a game platform that brings fun to tens millions of users. You'll build features in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
- I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
- I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
- I’m eager to learn, and love to share
- I'd love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
Then we are looking for you!
- Support, develop and enhance our highly available / scalable cloud agnostic infrastructure
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit
- Design, build and maintain the new backend of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond
- Maintain stability and scalability of an infrastructure handling over 100,000 concurrent active users
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world
- Work with large sets of data and contribute to our machine-learning recommendation algorithms
- Microservices on Google Cloud
- Mostly Go on the back-end (we’re still migrating some legacy)
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Container Builder for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
- Prometheus w/ Grafana for monitoring
- MySQL, BigQuery & Redis for storage
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby
- Have a deep understanding of modern-day web technologies
- Have hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration/development tools.
- Have a solid understanding of design patterns and best practices
- Have a “more effort now to save effort later” mentality
- Have a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code
- Experience with Go and Node.js would be cool, but we believe any good programmer can easily pick up a new language. Your skills, smarts and vision are way more important
- Open-source project contributions
- A dynamic professional environment with room for personal growth
- The opportunity to affect our development strategy with your expertise
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- A full-time contract (36-40 hours/week)
- A competitive salary
- A diverse, talented, and self-motivated team
- A flat organization with lots of personal responsibility and freedom
- State of the art equipment
- Work in a fun, friendly, and informal environment
Sound good? Then press below to start!
Please provide a link to a project that you're proud of and/or your GitHub profile.